According to an appropriate law of Georgia, as a result of passed competition and results of 2009 and 2010 years, the institute was recognized as the best institution of scientific research in the sphere of social sciences of the country (as the result of which the indicated competition was not held because of the union of the universities of the institute).

 

P. Gugushvili Institute of Economics is a large scientific-research center in Georgia with fundamental and applied trends in economic sphere. It was founded in 1944 as a part of Georgian Academy of Sciences. Time and again its name has been changed. At first it was called the Institute of Economics of Georgian Academy of Sciences, then – the Institute of Economics and Law (1958), the Institute of Economics of Georgian Academy of Sciences (1989), P. Gugushvili Institute of Economics (1991), LEPL – P. Gugushvili Institute of Economics (2006). P. Gugushvili Institute of Economics of Ivane Javakhishvili State University of Tbilisi (2011). The first director of the Institute was Academician Paata Gugushvili, then were academician Avtandil Gunia, corresponding member of Georgian Academy of Sciences Vladimer Papava, doctor of economic sciences, professor Giorgi Tsereteli, at present director of the Institute is a doctor of economic sciences, professor Ramaz Abesadze.



Created by Spar.ge